Monday, August 07, 2006

Sweet Day


Stinson+Bolinas
Looking down towards Stinson Beach and Bolinas from Seven Sisters, near the top of Mt. Tamalpais.


Woof! Body was sore and slow today. I over did Saturday's workout. A 62 mile, hilly ride to the top of Mt. Tamalpais followed by a 9 mile run. Your basic triathlon brick workout. The ride was a bit too hilly for me though. Been several weeks since I did any major climbs, running or bike, went harder than I should have. I finished the run with very little left, had some cramping on the left leg and was slightly dehydrated. But I finished it and if all I get is more than the usual soreness I'll be great.

It was a great day to be out. One highlight was riding on a section they call the Seven Sisters (7 small hills) on my way to the top of Mt. Tam. To my right was Stinson Beach, Bolinas and the Pacific ocean, to my left was the hills of Marin and the rest of Northern California. Beautiful! The very best part of the day however occured on my way out, a mere 10 miles into the ride. You see I've been struggling with a major issue on and off for the past 3 years and I think I finally found the answe. Yes it took me this long but I think I got it. It was one of those "aha" moments. I can't be100% percent sure but I'm pretty positive about it. Sorry to be all mysterious and vague, just know it was very good thing - made my day, my week.

Wouldn't change a thing about this day.

Don't ask me why I'm still up.

No comments:

Post a Comment