Thursday, June 28, 2012

2012

RACES and EVENTS
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Finsbury Park 15k
April, 2012
Masha's longest event and I was glad to have been there to share it with her. I didn't pressure her to take up running, something she wanted to do on her own.

Race Report

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Quicksilver 50k / 50-Mile 
May 12, 2012
Hot and hilly. What a welcome back to the Bay Area run. Quite a shock after five weeks of flat stuff in London in cool, drizzly, overcast weather. Managed to survive despite pushing the pace early. I needed this race to prepare for San Diego 100 in June. Painful but rewarding run.

9:10:59 for 13th place.
Race Report

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

San Diego 100- Mile 
June 9-10, 2012
What a race!!! My third time in San Diego and my second run on the new course. Knowing I didn't have the speed this year I focused on having a solid race and paced accordingly. Worked out great, especially the last 4 miles when I had to go hard to make sub-24.

I was joined by fellow San Francisco buddies Larissa Polischuk, Randy Katz, Chris Wolfe and Jennifer Pattee. Brett Rivers, John Brandershorst, Amy Freund McCrea and Peter Duyan came along to crew and pace. We had quite a group going.

23:51:05 for 29th
Race Report

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
VOLUNTEER, CREW OR PACE
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 


Pacing at Western States 100
June23-24, 2012
Mind blowing experience pacing WS this year, just incredible. I won't say more. I don't think I can sum up what happened in a couple of sentences.

Report


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your races so far this year, Rick! Hope the second half of your year is awesome!

    ReplyDelete