Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Year in Review


2007 Summary Poster.jpg
How it all turned out. Some of you guys will remember this poster from January.


The one entry I've been wanting to post since my last race. An overall summary of the whole year. Funny the races I didn't think I would do well in or races I designated as "training races" I did very well at and the races where I had high expectations I just made out okay. I am much more relaxed heading into a race I have no expectations at so that's probably key. The best run I had all year wasn't even in any of these events. All these races at all these venues and the most fun I had was here at home, in my usual training grounds, alone, without aid and chasing no clock. That was a sweet time, every time I think about it puts a smirk on my face.

So I am off today for a little holiday vacation. Pray that I don't gain anymore weight. It's the toughest time of the year for weight control for me. It's the holiday food plus I'm in a celebratory mood after getting away with another season.

Hope ya'll have a good one.

2007
Pacifica 9k
January 20


Wildflower Training Weekend
March 23-25th


Wildflower Long Course Triathlon
May 5th


Quicksilver 50m
May 12


Volunteer: EFA Triathlon
June 3


Bighorn 100-Miler
For the Photos
For the Report
June 14-17


PCTR Angel Island 50k
July 7


Volunteer: Vineman Half-Ironman Triathlon
July 22


Headlands Hundred
August 11-12


Big Kahuna Half-Ironman
September 9


Big Basin 50k
September 16


MS150 Waves to Wine Bike Ride
September 29-30


Dick Collins Firetrails 50m
October 7


Volunteer: San Francisco One Day
October 20


Volunteer: Nike Women's Marathon
October 21


Volunteer: Treasure Island Triathlon
November 17-18


25th Anniv Quad Dipsea
November 24

10 comments:

  1. I'm designating all my 2008 races as "fun runs." I seem to do better with no/low expectations too. Happy Holidays Rick! You've had a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat slowly!!!
    I ahve same problem with "race" vs fun run, so yes, no more stupid pressure, may be it's good to be off team - it's also a reason I like to travel to new far places where nobody knows me (getting more difficult, but still:))
    Lets see who'll be fatter after a trip home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is what I call a full year! Way, WAY impressive, Rick. Congratulations to you, and not just for the races, but also for all of the volunteering.

    Enjoy your vacation, safe travels, and have a fantastic time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great year! Run more, Eat less!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Re-Cap POSTER Rick...Wow what an amazing race year you had...Congrats Bro and look forward to following ur journey in 2008'...


    ummm not sure how ur going to run that first race though weighing in at 240 --hahaha....

    Safe Travels my friend, enjoy ur v-cat and Happy Holidays !!! Catch ya next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, no wonder you got tired at the end of the year!

    BTW, fantastic (and funny) comment on my blog. I guess you can't win anything anymore without being suspected of cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Do you have an e-mail address outside the blog I can use? I'm putting together a mailing list for my WS questions. Contact me at my e-mail (on my profile).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duuuuuuuuuudeeee!!! That was one insane 2007!! You freekin rock man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for the great running year! Can't wait to see what you've got planned out for 2008---as well as how cool your next poster will look.

    So you're flying off to Bacolod are you? Have a safe trip! Easy on the lechon and karekare :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great year! glad you had such a good one with so many ufn things. Hope the holidays are amazing and get you ready for what's next!

    ReplyDelete