Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ironman Canada


IMC06


To all the Golden Gaters headed north for IM Canada this weekend, God Bless and Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend. Canada is the big race this year for the club, at last count there were about 40+ athletes participating. Last year it was IM Brazil and next year it will be IM Couer d'Alene in Idaho. Awesome, I'm excited and I'm not even going. At track tonight we had a couple IMC'ers going through their last taper workouts with us, they are so psyched.

One day, I'd like to join the team for one good IM race...one day. Getting that itch to do another IM:)

4 comments:

  1. What's your next big race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the Big Kahuna Half-Ironman in Santa Cruz on Sept. 10th. Great race, laid back, nice people, live Hawaiian music at the finish. Competitive but not crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did just that... Stopped at Sports Basement and then Metro Sport ( filmore &filbert.) I tried a bunch of shoes on, decided on the ones I wanted, finished my 12 miler, went home and ordered the same shoes online ans saved a few bucks.

    I wonder what percent of the population finishes a 100 miler? probably more like .000001 %

    Good luck on the Big Kahuna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ultrathoners are a rare breed. I have real respect for you guys.
    If I had normal lungs I would definitely be a long distance runner , but my real passion now is racewalking.
    It's not for everyone, but its weird enough that I really like it. They also do 50Ks , but usually on a track.. Too boring for me... A good friend of mine was recently accepted to the 2008 Olympic trials. She's only been racewalking one year.



    Yeah, Portland will be my first full marathon as well. ( barring any unforeseen lung problems at the last minute) Of course, I'm not running it , so I have an excuse to take 7 hours to finish.

    Anyways..Heres to your continued success!




    Imagine someone returning a camera?
    Sounds like my kinda a place.

    ReplyDelete