Monday, June 05, 2006

Another Successful EFA


KathyWinkler and I
Kathy Winkler and I at the awards ceremony of EFA.


Just a quick summary for now and more stories later. It was a great, long and fun day. It was disorganized in the beginning (not my fault) but it all worked out in the end. I had a great spot volunteering on the bike course where 99% of my job was to watch the racers. Got to cheer a lot of my friends and got a ton of hello's in return. Got done early and got a ride back to the start. Met up with my pal Serena who brough me coffee! A friend with coffee is a friend indeed. Met up with fellow club mates, met up with Serena's club mates as well - met them at Wildflower. Tons of hugs and hand shaking. And I finally got to meet Kathy Winkler, the one athlete EQ Swimwear sponsors. Kathy had another successful race, placing first in her age group (40-44) and her 14yr old daughter also won an award. It was a great day for the family. Both Mom and daughter had matching race suits.

This was followed by Serena and I walking home but not before stopping by the Union Street Fair. We actually didn't care for the fair but the Starbucks that was located on the street:) She had to buy my coffee again because I lost my wallet. Not to worry the guy who found it called and said I could pick it up later in the evening. God was determined not to let anything ruin my day. After walking Serena home I went to church, picked up my wallet (with the help of my friend Lori) and decided against the Alcatraz after party in lieu of spending time with my church friends. About 18 of us went over to our favorite pizza hangout for some good pizza and micro-brewed beer. I was pretty hungry at this point, my only meal was half a sandwich at 8AM before I started my volunteer shift. Bagged on the after movie plans and was home at the sweet time of 8:30PM. Time enough for some R&R before hitting the hay. Not bad, not bad at all.


So I got some stories but it's now past midnight, so I'll have to come back later. Just a quickie.

No comments:

Post a Comment