Monday, March 06, 2006

Road ID Redux/Cowbell

Tonight I was at the Golden Gate Triathlon club meeting (usually the first Monday of every month). Great speaker and tons of new club gear. Got myself a visor and a cowbell. Woohoo Cowbell! Taking my cheering to a whole new level this year. Don't know what a cheering cowbell is, click here and to hear them click here. Finally the wearable version. This will definitely come in handy in the ultra-marathons and triathlons.

Anyway on the way out J.P. and I were talking about that girl who got hit last week while jogging which led back to the whole Road ID discussion. I think they're great but my complaint, as I explained to J.P., is that the damned things cost $20 a piece, which by the way doesn't include tax and shipping. C'mon, that much for a piece of metal with info etched on it. Well as it turns out J.P. has one but his contact info has his ex-girlfriend's number on it and no he doesn't want to pay another $20 to update it. Hilarious...at least I thought so.

Well I should show you guys my new Golden Gate Triathlon cowbell, I'm so psyched about it I might just stand on the sidewalk tomorrow and cheer people on as they go to work. Woohoo! Way to go! Let's see some hustle! Only a little farther, it's all downhill from here! Which in this case is true, the financial district is only a few blocks downhill from my place.

J.P. Road ID story posted with his permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment