Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rolling Along

Went to spin class with Serena tonight. My last spin class was 5 weeks ago and it was a recovery spin from WS100, the week before that it was a taper spin for WS100. Tonight I had no such restrictions. Once I got going on the bike I hammered as hard as I possible could. I put out of my mind the negatives; the fact that I'm not who I was 7 weeks ago, that I'm 3 pounds heavier, that my nutrition has been poor, that I'm still fighting jet lag, that I'm slightly out of shape, etc, etc, etc. I focused on what I had going; enthusiasm to get going again, a well rested body and the company of good friends. Not sure where I picked up that practice but the mental exercise has done wonders for me. I felt so good! I hit all the HRM goals. At the end of class while waiting for Serena I felt dizzy for a bit and my hands were trembling a little. That actually made me very happy:) And nothing a shot of GU and water didn't cure. Slowly but surely the body is waking up from vacation. Wakey Wakey. I've got a nice long run planned once everything's up and humming nicely.

Unfortunately this is the last Thursday night spin for awhile. Coach Michael McCormack is looking for a new space to hold his spin classes. I hope it won't be for long. Like Track, I've avoided spin thinking I would be totally bored, now it's become a staple of my training. Keeping my fingers crossed for Coach M2.

Tomorrow is a short bike and run with Serena, she's tapering for Vineman Half-Ironman this Sunday. Saturday will be a long ride and I might either run or swim aferwards. Swim, gotta fit it in somewhere. Time to unpack the wetsuit. Maybe there's a club ride I can join on Saturday morning, we'll see. I'm also eager for a long slow solo effort.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 PM

    Welcome back! You looked awake in class today. We're riding on Saturday, not sure where yet. But let me know if you're interested in coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In. And if I end up wanting longer I can always keep riding after your ride. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete