Saturday, January 27, 2007

2007 Kick-Off Ride


07 Kickoff Ride
Cold start. Sweet on the coffee and bagels from Zoom Multisports. Janet taking pictures. Finally on our way to Marin. For the set, click here.


After several days of beautiful sunny weather we had light rain Friday with chances for it today. It was very light but I bet it was enough to convince folks to stay home or spin indoors. Nevertheless we had a good group for the year's kickoff ride and Zoom Multisports was there with coffee and bagels at the start. They also offered support mid ride and welcomed us back after the ride at their shop. I hope the new folks realized that this isn't a weekly thing.

As far as rides go this was pretty mellow, well for me anyway. I don't know what it is about groups these days but I always find myself gravitating towards the back and end up with the sweeping duties. This is why my long bike rides tend to be like my long runs - solo. Today was no different. We had some new folk with us and I wanted to keep an eye on them, especially since a couple were my friends. I didn't want them getting lost or suffer from a mechanical problem without help. You just never know. There was an unusually high number of folks having flats out there today. It was a good ride and we even managed to get some sun. Riding in Marin is beautiful whatever the weather. Police were out. Several in our group got detained for running a stop sign. They don't mess around in Marin. Somehow I still managed to get some Poison Oak on me. Towards the end of the ride I dashed off to the bushes to pee and ran right into some poison oak. Lucky for me I was covered head to toe with clothing. Well anyway those who stayed home because of the weather missed out on a good ride. Lots of folks were out and it wasn't all that cold. Stopped off at Zoom after the ride to look at stuff, chat with folks. It's probably a good thing I didn't go out all that hard or long today, planning on a 24-26 miler for my long run tomorrow.

Oh I processed all the expo pictures. Came out nice but they're mostly of my friends smiling at the camera and having a good time, boring if you don't know the people so I didn't bother posting them. Enjoy the ride pics instead.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, and you did well staying with folks at the back. Hope you enjoyed the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha I was typing a comment on your blog when your's came in. Coincidence? or maybe we're just finally done with this weekends workouts, taking time to relax a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not the same man I was in November either...or am I supposed to be a woman? I agree, building up is steady yet tough, and I try hard not to look back. But thanks for assuring me I am not the only one who suffers at come-back - I've never done a come-back before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day yesterday, and way to go on the politically correct thing to do which was support some of your slower riders and then go smoozh with ZOOM afterwards.

    Hope U had a good workout today!!

    ReplyDelete