Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Simple Pleasure

I just got back from a run and it felt absolutely AMAZING. It was exactly what I needed.

Got back last night after midnight but I was still on vacation mode today. Wanted to sit on the couch after work instead of going for a run. I kept delaying and delaying but finally I kicked my butt out the door at 8PM. I usually run in the evening but not this late. Once I was out however, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The darkness made it peaceful and quiet, not many people were out.

I needed that run, head's back in order now. One more race to go before holiday break. Can't slack now. Besides I have to work extra hard to burn some of momma's cookin:)

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a great run like that to get you back into the groove of things.

    Thanks for the photo of the bull shirt (oops almost missed the R right there). Was that an original NB shirt?

    Oh, thanks too for adding a new word to my ever expanding running vocabulary. I promise to try my best to teach more guys over here what "chicked" means! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 pm?!?! Dude, I'd rather run at 3 am than 8pm LOL. You nut!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a great late night run. There is something about running in the peace of the evening. Glad it felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were you running when the earthquake hit? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh I guess then new and improved blogger automatically takes out duplicate posts. Nice.

    I didn't find out about the earthquake until I got back. Didn't feel a thing. I did at one point, on my way out, slip on a curb, maybe that was it. I thought it was weird at the time because I don't usually slip on curbs. I chucked it up to my own clumsiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to beat Mom's home cooking! :)

    Welcome back, and I am glad you had a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Back but come on you miss the humidity :-)

    Glad u had a good run, burn baby burn those caloriesssssss

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you had such an amazing run. Those really just purify the mind and make all right in the world :)

    Good luck on that last race!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're getting back in the groove again!

    ReplyDelete