Saturday, October 13, 2007

Is it 4AM Already?!

This is the part I hate about races, getting up early...zzzzzz. I'm up now though, once I'm up, I'm up.

Looking forward to a good day. I'm hoping/planning for a good race. I'd like to beat my 50-mile PR set at the Quicksilver 50 earlier this year in May, difficulty wise they seem about the same to me. There's more single track trail in Firetrails and I bet they're nice and muddy after all the rain we got yesterday. Forecast for today calls for cloudy skies but no rain, should be nice cool conditions. So goal wise anything under 8:31 would be great, that's what I ran Quicksilver in; failing that, I'll still be happy with anything under 9:03 which was time on this course last year. That's it, those are my goals. Oh, I'd like to beat some of my peers, it's a race after all.

See you all on the other side of Firetrails.

Special shout out to a couple of friends who are racing Ironman Hawaii today. For those of you who are not familiar, Ironman Hawaii is the Boston Marathon of Ironman triathlon. Top triathletes from all over the world are going to be there along with their sweet bikes. Those bikes, amazing little pieces of modern design and engineering. Anyway these two friends were already fast when I got into the sport, very friendly, supportive and humble. One of them was a volunteer in my triathlon beginner's group years ago. Just the kind of people you want to have, in any sport.

5 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! Have fun today and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great time out there! I was thinking about Firetrails on my run today. I hadn't seen a pre-race post from you, but thought you'd likely write something at o'dark early in the morning. And I was right, here it is! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hopes and prayers are with you today. Have fun out there and tear it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're running! I am sending good thoughts your way! Dry shoe thoughts, since it might be muddy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!! Have fun ;D

    ReplyDelete