Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday


Certificate
Per BayCityWalker's request, a pic of said certificate.


That just made my Sunday, something worth calling out since this can be easily missed. So on the last post I was discussing my "Certificate of Appreciation" for running Western States, how I thought it was over the top but how it would make a perfect gift for mom. This morning I get this post to my blog:

Rick,
Congrats! Your lola (grandmother) would love that...why not send it to her in a frame for X'Mas...
Mom


So Ma are you really saying you don't want a nicely framed slightly creased "certificate of appreciation" signed by a genuwhine US Senator? What if I threw in some trail running pictures of me? No? You're holding out for the chocolate fondue maker aren't you?

I found out just this year that my mom used to trail run, run races and volunteer. I didn't always live with my mom when I was growing up...a lot has been missed. My stepdad, who was in the U.S. Navy at the time serving in Taiwan, came over one time with his buddies to run one the races my mom's club sponsored. She was there volunteering but they never met. They met years and years later at a bar in Honolulu. They hit it off, got married and I came to live with them - I was 12. So a little more information than necessary but funny how it's still running related...for the most part.

I wish you all a good Sunday. I've refused to take part in the mass consumerism/hysteria that is a hallmark of our holidays so now I'm behind....trying to make the cutoffs! So I have to take part a little bit because there are some people I care deeply about, people that I would give gifts to regardless whether it was Christmas or not but especially on Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Mom's been waiting on that fondue for her whole life, lol. Anyway, congrats on the certificate! =D
    Pretty cool.
    Did Mom tell you about the hospital yesterday?
    If she hasn't, call the house today.
    K peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RICK POST SAID: Rick,
    Congrats! Your lola (grandmother) would love that...why not send it to her in a frame for X'Mas...
    Mom

    So Ma are you really saying you don't want a nicely framed slightly creased "certificate of appreciation" signed by a genuwhine US Senator? What if I threw in some trail running pictures of me? No? You're holding out for the chocolate fondue maker aren't you?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ahhhh That's 2funny!! ... Well Grandmother enjoy it, your grandson finished one of the toughest races in the world!

    so running was in ur genes huh, pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blame your Mom:) And she never told you before? May be you are not running fast enough?:)

    I refuse to X-mas shop, period. Instead of religious holiday it turned into frantic stupid red sweater exchange. Nobody even remembers the meaning, especially kids.

    ReplyDelete