Friday, December 01, 2006

Quad Images


HolidayQuad
Hanging out after the race, feels a bit like a holiday party - ultra style. Click here for more images


Still waking up tired despite a good night's sleep...hehe must have given it 110%. You should have seen me Monday, two days after the race. I had a good case of the DOMS. All that pain is gone now, just waiting for the fatigue to go too. Anyway I've been savoring the memory of it, like a piece of gum chewed over and over again. Still stands as my favorite all time race. I'm aiming for 10 finishes, 4 down and 6 more to go. Next year is the 25th Anniversary, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm where I wanted to be at the end of this year. Last year I was overtrained by September which made October and November hell. There was no way I was going to cancel out of the Grand Canyon trip in October and double that for the Quad so I just slugged through it. Oh I enjoyed them nevertheless, I just suffered more for it. It took me 15 hours to do the double crossing at the Grand Canyon and my time last year at Quad was 6:30. I blew on the second half of the race last year and was barely walking after the race. Lucky for me a fellow runner gave me a ride home, person I had just met - Chikara Omine. This sport is full of nice people. Because my training has gone well and I'm nowhere near over trained I want to keep going. I know better of course. I'm 6 days into my off-season and I'm actually enjoying it. The hard part is telling people I can't join them for their workouts, just today I got a call to go bike riding on Saturday. I feel like a kid who is forced to take a nap in the middle of the day.

All good things. Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Is Varner bold these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's his name. I don't know Varner but I remember him well, I've seen him at QD 3 to 4 times now. I remember him because he always runs QD with a huge smile and encourages other runners.

    ReplyDelete