Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Western States 100 Images


The Best Crew
My crew/pacers; Lisa, Serena, Myself and Jason. Prior to this year I ran all my races without pacers or crew, even my 100's. Going solo is harder but a lonely existence, I don't think I'll go back to doing them solo. Knowing these guys were out there, seeing them, running with them at different points on the course was an amazing and uplifting experience. For more images click here.


Finally the Images from the race.

It's been two days since I got back and I'm still beating myself up for doing so badly at WS. It just frustrates me to no end that I was taken out of my race for the 24 hour mark by something that could have happened at any other ordinary race. #@*!!! Blisters. My wonder cure for blisters (duct tape) was rendered ineffective by all the water. I have to go back! I'm going to enter the lottery again for next year's race. My finish at Miwok 100k and this years WS will qualify me to enter the lottery. I was actually thinking of maybe doing Bighorn 100-Miler in Montana or Ironman Coeur d'Alene in Idaho (races on the same month) next year but I'll only consider those now if I don't get in to WS 100 for next year. This is going to burn in me until I get a second chance.

Please don't get me wrong. I am very thankful and proud to be part of the 211 that made it to Auburn. Just deep down is this....huge disappointment...you athletes know what I'm talking about. I never got the chance to leave it all out there physically. Sometimes finishing is not enough no matter how prestigious and difficult the race if deep down you know you under performed. I'll take the finish and the brass buckle for now...

Thank you to all who supported me; before, during and after the race. Don't worry about me, this kind of whining, groaning and self-flagelation is all part of my training:)

Next time, next time WS, I'll be the one whipping your A*#! I think the race report will have to wait a few more days...still too angry:)!

2 comments:

  1. May be I should just point my readers to your blog - I echo your sentiments...
    Do you mind if I use your snow/high country photo for my blog (with referral, of course)? Since all my pictures are of me running to the AS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Olga, you are welcome to take all the pics you need.

    ReplyDelete