Friday, June 06, 2008

I Like it Here

Loving it here in Madison. Got in yesterday at 2pm, hung out in downtown while waiting for cousin to get off work, drank great beer by the lake with said cousin at the University of Wisconsin Union Hall and had some great food. The people are friendly and the atmosphere laid back, my kind of town. Oh and lots of beautiful women jogging:) Focus Gaston focus!

It's warm and quite muggy but there are thunderstorms in the area and it's bringing wind and rain which is nice. I hope my shoes don't get too wet though since I get major blisters problems when my feet are wet for a prolonged period of time. I also hope it doesn't rain in the middle of the night. Brought an extra pair of shoes and 4 sock changes, will pick up small tubs of Vaseline for my drop bags. I'm anxious to start. It might have been a mistake to arrive two days early for the race. I haven't been able to sleep much last night due to anxiety and excitement. If I had a chance to do it over again I would have arrived today and just stayed a day later to enjoy the town. An early flight out was another mistake, lack of good sleep is going to be factor for this race. Nevertheless I am here and loving it.

Here at the University of Wisconsin Union Hall again using their free internet lounge which is all Macs. Will be leaving for race registration in a few hours and meeting up with Bob and friends. See you all on the other side of KM100! Hope you all have a great weekend as well.

22 comments:

  1. Good luck, Rick! Have a great one - you deserve it, with all the hard work you've put in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes, Rick! Yeah, you are experiencing the same weather we are. The wind is absolutely cranking here. Good luck! I hope you have a fantastic race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best best luck out there. Have such an amazing time (with your great training, I have no doubt you will) and run a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:01 AM

    Rick,we're all running with you in spirit(lola & tito Bams).Dad just asked when the race started.Have fun.Bring a doggie cheese head hat for Eddy..ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 31 miles done!! Nice pace there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck and have fun!! And yes I'm stalking you and Bob (Thanks to Lisa. Gawwwddd LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick, I know you'll rock KM! Can't wait to hear about your race and see all the pics. I'll be thinking about ya' and sending you lots of good vibes and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wanted to comment that you're flying out there! Checked out the webcast and was impressed to see your name so far up the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see Rick!!!

    http://www.runrace.net/runreports.php?
    id=41&tab=a3&image=1241#imageAnchor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to roll it Rick, 3rd place...what an awesome year you are having. Great stuff.

    Will G.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rick, I just checked the webcast of the race. Wow, 3rd place! Way to go!!! :)

    I can't wait to read your race report. I am guessing the weather was interesting!

    My sincere congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIRD!!!!!!! DUDE!!! Now you can't have your book back! You have to sign it for me and I am keeping it! :>D j/k

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Rick! You are ON FIRE!!!!!!!! Top 3 finish and just so amazing. I am so happy for you. Kick out that report real quick so I can savor every word!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Congrats Rickle! Was monitoring your progress ...thanks to J-Mom for posting the website.You look good in the pic,no frown or stress lines.Go have a beer and savor the cheese of Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing race, Rick! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude, you were insanely fast. That pace is just nutso for a 100 miler. You totally rock! CONGRATS homie!! Can't wait for this report! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way to go Rick. Congratulations on the 3rd place finish. Very impressive pace for 100 miles. I think I want to be you for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Congrats on your 3rd place finish at KM100! Looks like you've gone pro now.

    Best,

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on Third!!!! that is awesome.....

    ReplyDelete