Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Feeling a Little Horsey

Sunday I got up and felt the usual sluggishness that has marked my taper the last two weeks. It wasn't until I was 12 mins into my run that I realized that all my internal gauges were green and I was moving very, very well. I had to force myself to slow it down a bit. Halfway through the run I threw some sprints and accelerations and it felt very good, clean - almost effortless. Ran like a horse, unfortunately however I'm still eating like one. My appetite has gone crazy the last week. I wake up hungry and stay hungry. I've been winning most of the battles; reaching for fruit instead of baked goods, whole wheat breads instead of rice, lean meats instead of burgers and ribs. I don't always win though. I plowed through a small box of chocolates today. Craziness.

14 comments:

  1. But that's why you run all those miles right? Too eat whatever you want? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just send chocolste my way, and you'll be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol almost time, stay lean & mean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as I read this I am eating candy... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately Marcy my mouth can out perform my legs any day:(

    Olga, I ate them all.

    Bob I'll see you in 3 days, tick, tick, tick.

    Jennie, I am scared for the both us:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick!!!!! I got the nicest book in the mail!!! And eye candy magazines to boot!!!!!!!! Thank you buddy! I am off to read the recovery section like a good dooby! Now, you so need to schedule that trip for you and Bob to run Javelina so I can give the book back.;>D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh PS, glad you are feeling horsey! Sounds like all systems are GO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your body is just wanting extra fuel to propel you this weekend :)

    Have such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're ready! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. A box of chocolates won't hurt. It should add that spring to your step...who am i kidding?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humidity: 96%
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    just checked the weather at KM---only 58 but THICK on the humidity, glad u did ur heat training.

    Get ready to run in some soup :-)

    See ya Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rick, good luck to you this weekend! Have a great time in Wisconsin, and have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:54 PM

    you and your chocolates.
    you can blame mom for that =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the race this weekend. In the meantime, I'll take over the eating for you.

    ReplyDelete