Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tracking Athletes

When I was out running at WS100. My pacers were able to keep an accurate track of my progress on the course by calling friends back in the Bay Area who would then log in to the WS site and check the progress chart. We wore a timing chip and our progress was constantly updated. Technology, sweet when it works like it's supposed to.

Tracking the progress of 12 people. Unfortunately no points on the map for this coverage, just times as they complete each event. All are off the swim and on the bike. Damn Spamsi!!! You are a fish. 1:14:01 on the 2.4 swim. You rock.

Back in my world...just got back from my swim/grocery shopping. It's noon and I'm about to head out for a short bike ride. Today will be an easier day since yesterday was the long day for both the bike and the run (50+ miles on the bike and 18 or so miles on the run). Feeling very lazy and I don't want to go. I'm thinking about the food I just bought and how great it would be to cook up some burgers and just take the rest of the day off:) But then I'll just hate myself later. Onwards then...mmm Carbo Pro and Energy Gels, much more delicious than a burger and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment