Sunday, August 13, 2006

More Talking

"Rick I'm only going to tell you this one more time, YOU ARE GOING TO KILL US ON THE BIKE if you don't keep your eyes on the road. Twice you almost ran off the road and once you almost put the front tire on a large crack on the road looking at some girl running. Stop grinning, yes it's a nice day out. Focus, we still have 5 miles to go before home."

When I run I let my mind wander. I think about everything; get distracted about the smallest things, start conversations with anyone. I've gotten lost in ultras this way but it's all good. However on the bike I really have to learn turn it all off. Focus, focus, focus. Everything happens much faster and there are more hazards on the road, especially on the weekend with a lot of people out and about. A challenge indeed. You cyclists out there...you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. It's always tedious to look in all directions all the time... I still have to work on it while I drive... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aye it is tedious. luckily I don't drive. I mean I know how I just don't own a car.

    ReplyDelete