Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Morning

It's 8:15AM and I'm about to head out for our tri-club's Sunday swims at Aquatic Park but my thoughts are up North with:

• The gang at Ironman Canada. Those guys should be in the water now, pounding out that 2.4 mile swim. Any butterflies, anxieties, worries should now be gone with the first few strokes. Go Kids Go! I wish them the best and hope everyone finishes. It will be a long day.

• The folks at the Cascade Crest Classsic 100-miler in Easton, Washington. I ran this 100-mile ultra last year, beautiful but hard. The most difficult ultra 100 I've ever completed, although I've only finished 3 so that's not saying much considering there's about 40 100-mile races in the country. It's a 10AM late start so everyone is guaranteed a good amount of time running in the dark in this ultra, even the pros. At this time last year, I was at the top of a 6 mile climb that immediately followed the trail from hell. Stomach churning, legs beaten...a bad spot. Luckily it didn't last long.

Olga should be out there now, pacing her friend Rob for 30 miles. I wish all the CCC 100 runners the best.

And as awesome as these guys are, a shout out to all the volunteers in these events. They make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment