Friday, May 02, 2008

Here We Go Again

So I was tagged by addygrl to play "six word memoir".

The rules are:
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post on your blog
3) Link to the person who tagged you in your post
4) Tag other folks with links.
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

I don't know about rule #5 but here's my six word memoir.

"As I am, constantly striving forward."

Is that even a sentence? Sounds like a running thing but it's really connected to my faith. This past month I've been struggling through an issue that really got me digging deep. I'm mostly through it now and while emotionally tired I'm still on my two feet headed in the right direction. Something we can all relate to right?

So I tag:
Bob
J~Mom
Jamie
Marcy
Jen

This morning I leave for the Wildflower Triathlons. It's a three day event for our club. We arrive Friday, camp overnight, athletes race the long course (half-ironman distance) on Saturday, catered dinner following the event, camp another night, athletes race the short course on Sunday (olympic distance), then finally we head for home at the conclusion of the short course race. Lots of cheering, hanging out and racing, a very fun and tiring event.

I'm doing the long course myself. I'm a little worried, the Mt. Diablo 50-miler and The Relay event has finally caught up to me. This week I've been unusually tired, my workouts have been sluggish and my right IT band has been giving me trouble, I've got funky aches and pains in other parts of my body too - signs that I've been doing too much. I'm not over trained yet but that's where I'm headed. So I've been taking it easy this week, no workouts over an hour and I've been eating well. We shall see on Saturday. After Wildflower is the Quicksilver 50-miler then I'm done till Kettle Morraine 100. I should be able to hold till then. Maybe it's time to reintroduce the daily ice baths!

Always the same weekend as Wildflower is the Miwok 100k. Good luck to all the racers. My friend Olga is coming in to stay at my place while I'm gone, she's racing it. I'll leave before she gets in come back after she takes off. A shame, two good events on the same weekend.


Been watching Ironman triathlon videos to get me inspired. Love this one, it's so warm in Hawaii they don't need wetsuits but I heard it gets warm. Maybe we can look this good come Saturday. I've no idea what the temperatures are going to be for our race but it can get very, very warm. Thank goodness for the Mt. Diablo race three weeks ago, I feel much more confident about my performance in warm weather. Video courtesy of Ironman Triathlon.

6 comments:

  1. That's a good one! I did mine already, homie. It's somewhere in the archives LMAO!

    Rest up! Def sounds like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, ok...I will think of my 6 words. It's tough, huh?

    I hope the issues you are working through are better now. I know what it is like to have an issue wear you out like that. :>D

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your upcoming tri. my plans of doing so are always hampered by my lack of open water swim training and dad policing my itineraries

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice memoir, Rick!

    Hope you have a great weekend. Best of luck at Wildflower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having fun out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing :)

    The theme of moving foward is a good one, for running and for life.

    Hope you had a great time at wildflower and I look forward to the report!

    ReplyDelete