Friday, December 28, 2007

Round and Round


DSCN3215DSCN3216
Round and round a track that has seen better days.


Been puttting time in the local track. The only place I feel safe and healthy for running. The streets are chaotic with all types of vehicle and foot traffic, there's the occasional loose dog and the fumes can be overwhelming. I hate going in circles but under the circumstances it is most welcome. The track itself is under repair, a new surface is on it's way from Germany. Must be the heat, humidity and rain that has caused all the bubbling and buckling. Adds a little excitement to my track runs, dancing around the tiny moguls like they were obstacles on a trail.

I find it hard to workout when on vacation, do you guys experience the same thing? Hard to start, difficult to keep going. As always however, glad to have gotten it done once I'm finished. Nothing crazy just 5k's around the track. Acclimating to the heat and humidity just fine, too bad I don't have any hot races anytime soon.



Why I feel safer in the track, ain't no local to be running around in these streets.

4 comments:

  1. You aren't kidding about those streets! Stay safe out there!

    I think I would get totally distracted trying to step on all of those bubbles. Are they squishy? If so it would be really fun. LOL

    Nice job staying focused even on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have the track...those streets look scary for a runner! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think running around that track would be fun LOL! At least you you have something to concentrate on hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Yeah, I think I would opt for the track too after seeing that video! :)

    I hope the rest of your vacation is restful and fun, Rick. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete