Saturday, May 20, 2006

Close

2:38.46 just 3:16 slower than my best time on the now named "comfort loop" set back in 2004. Normal time I pull that loop is 2:55. In fact I call it my 3 hour course. I wasn't out to beat it but had I hussled a bit more I might have gotten it. Could've, Should've, Would've. Ah well so it goes.

Comfort Loop starts at my apartment, down to the edge of the bay at Fort Mason, tracing the water's edge past the Marina, past Crissy Field, past the Golden Gate Bridge, past Baker Beach, past Robin William's home on Sea Cliff, straight on to Land's End trail, end at the ruins of Sutro Baths above Ocean Beach on the Pacific Coast, turnaround and go back. It's about 18 miles, maybe a little more.

Felt slow and sluggish on the way out but was surprised to be ahead of schedule. Hauled butt all the way back, while throwing down energy gels and water. Haul, haul, haul, man was a I flying and having a great time. It was a good day for running. I left late, worked for most of the day - Sunday and Monday deadline, how it goes in freelancing sometimes. Nice day though, what was left of it. Saw two guys practicing their dance moves (ballet it seemed) by the bridge, saw a cat dozing half asleep on a wooden fence on Sea Cliff, saw geese walking around Crissy Field, saw Coach Matt getting in an afternoon run in the Marina, and I saw 3 drunk guys on the corner of Hyde and Vallejo streets, with their shirts off waving at the Cable cars. Nice day, nice run.

On to Ohlone 50k.

No comments:

Post a Comment