Friday, June 22, 2012

That Time Again - Western States 100

I am more than envious of all the runners in this years event. This has got to be one of the best conditions for this race, not much snow at the top and the weather is cool! It was chilly at the pre-race briefing. Boy I wish I was running this year. I have the crew and pacing role however, that's a nice deal too. I get to experience the event in many angles/several roles and I finish it off with a run on the last 38 miles of the course, at night at that!

I'm here to pace my good friend Jonnifer Lacanlale. I believe he is the first Filipino coming all the way from the Philippines to run this race and if he finishes the first from the country to buckle at Western. He's got a couple of hundreds under his belt; The Great North Walks 100 in Australia and UTMB in France (last year in stormy conditions). He's gunning for a sub-24 time.

Here's to Jon and all the runners, here's to all the volunteers, crew and pacers.

The webcast is here. My runner is Jonnifer Lacanlale #254.

With Jon after the pre-race briefing

IMG_2127
Jon with Victory Bag creator Victor Ballesteros at race registration

No comments:

Post a Comment