Saturday, October 31, 2009

Guess Where I Am?

It's 4AM and I am excited, excited to enjoy seeing another sunrise over the Arizona Desert over Mc Dowell Mountain Regional Park, home of the Javelina Jundred. Last year I met my friend Tony Portera here. I crewed and paced him from 60 miles to the finish. I will be doing the same thing this weekend. Last year I had an amazing time, met a lot of great folks, was blown away by the sunrises and sunsets over the course. Ran past cactus, coyotes and wild horses at night.

The race is seeing it's biggest field ever. Speaking with Dave Combs at registration yesterday he told me that the largest previous field was 150 runners, yesterday they had 270 signed up! I could tell the difference, the start/finish area where many runners and crew are camping is full.

You all have a great weekend! Good luck to buddy and new dad to be Dave Ewart and the rest of the folks running the New York Marathon this weekend, to Jessica Fewless, Jose San Gabriel and the rest of the folks participating in the Marin County Triathlon.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun, Rick! I lived in Fountain Hills for a winter about 15 years ago, so I know exactly where you are! Enjoy the experience, and I look forward to your report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good time. Dmirty finished the Cactus Rose 100 in 31 hours....really proud of him on that course.

    ReplyDelete