Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saltwater for Breakfast

I had an easy weekend planned as part of my recovery week from San Diego but the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon was this weekend. One of the most popular, non-Ironman distance tri's in the country, Escape sells out, has a lottery system and is limited to 1800 participants. If they had a bigger boat they could have more participants. Anyway I came out to volunteer just a little bit on Saturday morning, wanted to hang with Samantha and Jessica who were running registration but ended up coming back today for more volunteering. I can't help it. Maybe it's a sickness, I thrive being around active people. I'll tell you guys more about it later but for now check out these two videos. I'm not big on swimming especially the pool but I like open water swims and it is an unfulfilled dream of mine to swim from Alcatraz to San Francisco. One day, maybe when I return to triathlon.

I apologize. The sound is a little loud, you may want to turn down your speakers.

5 comments:

  1. You are just surrounding yourself with people like yourself. It's a great thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool video...I don't think that race is for me!! But did you know we had a cool kid out there? His name is Rick also...I don't think he came to JJ though so I am not sure if you met him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fck that chitt -- LOLOL ummm can u tell I don't like to swim :-)

    I will say this though AWESOME video and watching them swim away, sweet clip!!

    WSSSSSSSSSSSSS getting close --- who's it going to be ?????? that is the big question !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My money is on Jurek. The guy who knows the course like the back of his hand and who is still fast after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never open swim out there. That is nuts. I thought it was infested with sharks.

    ReplyDelete