Monday, January 22, 2007

Pacifica 9k in Pictures


Pacifica 9k
Top to Bottom: Race Start, the folks I hung out with and the Chicken Soup and Chili station (my job last year).


It was a great time. All in our group had fun and the weather was perfect. Met up with some of the ultra folk. Met Squirrel_Nutz. Ran easy right behind Alyssa and Melissa. Enjoyed the running conversations. Enjoyed the views. Got to catch up with Sarah and Wendell at the finish. Speaking of which, they have tentative plans for a 100-miler in the Marin Headlands, date in the works is Aug 11-12th. They are still in discussion so keep your fingers crossed. Two loops of 50 with a course similar to the Miwok 100k. I don't even mind that it's two loops of the same course since the second one will mostly be in the dark. I'd like to do that night run. Hmmm...where do I fit that in the schedule?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, don't tell me about 100M...this is when I registered for 12 hr night Cool run...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad U had a good time...

    9k is kinda funny #..why not 10K ?

    any reason behind the 9k vs making it a 10K...is it traditional thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...they've really coming out with some cool new races lately. Glad you had a fun 9K! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of fun, Rick. It was very nice of you to run a race with friends. A great way to spend a morning, I am sure!

    A 9k is unique. I can't say I have ever seen one of that distance before. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob, I think that's how the loop worked out, a 9k. There were multiple loops on the course, this one just happened to be a 9k.

    ReplyDelete