Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Quad Dipsea 08 Photos

DSC00994.JPG
Staying loose before the start. Photo courtesy of Bing.

DSC01000.JPG
The line up. A very fast front field.

Quad Dipsea 058-2.jpg
Oh sweet success. I had just put my arms down after throwing them up upon seeing the clock. I don't really run with my arms flailing around like that.

Quad Dipsea 066-3.jpg
With David Goggins post race. I got this picture for blog friend Dave Elliot. I told him all about you Dave and he said tell your friend "Semper Fi".

DSCN0037.JPG
With Ashland, Oregon runner Jenn Shelton. We met at Tahoe Rim Trail this past summer when we ran a few miles together during the day at the halfway point. I've only spoken to her twice but she seems nice and a bit of a goofball. I mean that in a good way. When she's on she's very fast, like in last year's Rocky Raccoon 100-miler in Texas she clocked a 14:57, coming in 3rd overall and first woman. That's fast!

DSCN0041.JPG
Jess and I grinning like geeks in the background while Gundy and Mark Tanaka talk. I'm sporting this year's race shirt.

DSC01149.JPG
An animated conversation about our day with pal and fellow ultra-marathoner Brian Wyatt.

DSCN0044.JPG
Mark Tanaka, Brian Wyatt and Paul Sweeney, post race.

DSC01125.JPG
This guy is not all impressed with all the fast talent around him or the tough course. Photo courtesy of Bing.

DSCN0049.JPG
After the race I took my cousin for a drive around the area. We drove up to the top of Mt. Tam so I could show her the hills and trails between Mill Valley and Stinson Beach. On the way home we passed by Stinson and took this shot at the end of the day.


For the Flickr photoset click here.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Although it looks just a bit cold to me. ;>) I know you meant that girl was a goofball in a nice way...goofballs are cool. :>D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:55 PM

    that dog is adorable!
    and that last shot from mount tam or whatever is awesome.
    you always catch those gorgeous moments in nature! =]
    btw, good job on the run, even with your dumbass non pre preparation! lol
    don't do it again, HOOCHIE MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Love the photos, Rick. I dunno though, I seem to recall some arm flailing out on the trail... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rick!

    Congrats on a super strong Quad Dipsea. Your running year has been ridiculous, I hope you're aware of that. ;) I like how you clarify in the caption that you don't really run with your arms flailing around! So funny!

    Congrats again!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you DO look like a badass. How come I can't look like a badass? Sorry I didn't get around to meeting your cousin, ugh, that race really IS a cocktail party afterwards...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick reat post. It always nice to catch up with you at the finsih line since I can't seem to during the race!

    ReplyDelete